Better yet, email publishing houses explaining that the El Rey Club is a story that you'd love to read. If they know there are people willing to buy that book, somebody will be willing to publish it.
Anyway, people have been flooding my inbox with questions about the show so I thought I'd post a note and answer them here. Some of the questions are sillier than others, but I'll try to answer them all here, starting with the two most asked questions...
- What am I going to do with the sign?
If I cannot display it wherever I live it will go on loan to local museums.
- Where is it now and where am I going to put it?
- Am I happy with the show?
- Did I actually pay $2500 to have it restored/Do they make people pay?
- Have I been contacted by any publishers or agents?
- Did I really find that billboard in the desert?
- Has Willie's family reacted to the episode?
- How am I related to Willie Martello?
- Was that my pick-up truck?
- Were my reactions genuine or was there a script?
- Is that really my ponytail?
- Am I single?
This is no joke. I'm not trying to be funny here. My sister has been asked this many times now and I've seen a bizarre (but flattering) increase of private FB messages wondering this exact thing. So I must assume I need to be on TV much more often if I'd like my social calendar to be that much more enjoyable. lol
Yes. Single. Newly-single if that matters. I have not talked much about it publicly due to special circumstances, but will once we're "officially" (legally) done.
Very flattered, but this show wasn't about seeing me on TV. I enjoy the attention though. Makes me blush every time a new message or a comment from friends who were "TOLD to ask me." lol
The research & collecting of photos and memorabilia from the El Rey Club never stops! Please contact me at 702-465-5604 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have stories or memorabilia to share.